Visa is an international document which can be used to enter a country. Generally, visas are issued by the country that you plan to visit and are valid for a limited amount of time. These dates can change depending on the type of visa you need. Find out about what types of visa you need for visiting New Zealand in this guide by speaking with Visa Experts
How to Apply for a New Zealand Visa
If you are a US citizen, you may be interested in applying for a NEW ZEALAND VISA FOR US CITIZENS. The visa process is relatively straightforward and can be completed in just a few steps. Here are the basics:
- Identify your reasons for traveling to New Zealand. If you are simply visiting family or friends, a tourist visa will suffice. However, if you have business or other reasons for traveling to New Zealand, you will need to apply for a business or work visa.
- Determine whether you will need a visa from the New Zealand embassy or consulate in your home country. Many US embassies and consulates offer visa-on-arrival services, which means that you can apply without leaving your home country. However, some applications (such as for work visas) may require that you appear at an embassy or consulate office in person.
- Complete the required application forms and accompanying documentation. Most of the forms needed to apply for a New Zealand visa can be found on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website (www.mfa.govt.nz). The most important form is the application form NZV1040, which must be completed and signed by both yourself and your potential employer/
What Documents do I Need?
When traveling to New Zealand, American citizens need a passport and visa. If you are traveling as a European citizen, however, you will only need a passport.
The following documents are required if you are traveling to New Zealand as an American citizen:
– A Passport valid for at least six months after your planned departure from the United States
– A Visa application form (available from the U.S. embassy or consulate in your country of residence)
– Two passport photos NEW ZEALAND VISA FOR EUROPEAN CITIZENS
– The applicable visa fee (currently $160)
If you are traveling as a European citizen, you will only need a passport. The following documents are required if you are traveling to New Zealand as a European citizen:
– Your valid passport
– Your visa application form (available from the U.S. embassy or consulate in your country of reside